STARTUP ACCELERATOR (PISA)
Designed for Innovative Business Ideas
A 3-month power packed pre-accelerator programme exclusively designed for businesses wanting to carry their innovative ideas to the next stage. The PISA programme is the perfect fit for founders wanting a guided journey that will allow them to prepare their product or service for fundraising to be able to accomplish your next stage of growth.
1 January 2024
7 March 2024
19 March 2024
Activities will be in hybrid format (most activities will be available online), catering to participants nationwide. Some activities are compulsory. Check out the tentative timeline for the program.
Why You Should Apply For PISA?
This startup Pre-accelerator programme is sponsored by Yayasan Pahang in partnership with BEYOND4
Advice & Mentorship
Advice from industry experts and mentors
Post-Programme Ecosystem Support
Ecosystem support and specially curated shared services by BEYOND4
Enhance your knowledge on what it takes to build and scale a successful startup
Gain access to BEYOND4 and Yayasan Pahang's network to accelerate expansion
Cash Prize & Potential Capital
Prize pool of RM 10,000 cash prize available for top 3 startups
Who Should Join PISA?
A Malaysia Registered Entity
You must have a registered entity in Malaysia or show plans to register within 3 months from enrolment.
(Priority will be given to applications from founders born in Pahang or with at least one parent born in Pahang, indicated by IC numbers 06, 32, and 33.)
CSR Programs for Yayasan Pahang
Able to organize a CSR program aligned with business focus, aimed at providing value to Yayasan Pahang during the program.
(Applicable if the company does not have Pahang-born founders or founders with either parent born in Pahang.)
Commit At Least 40 Hours
You or your appointed representative must be able to commit at least 40 hours in the program. Most activities are available online too.
Within the Target Verticals
Preferably in the following verticals: FoodTech, AgriTech, Manufacturing 4.0, FinTech, EdTech, HealthTech.
Minimum Viable Product
You are advised to show a MVP or some viable activities at the point of application.
One Full-time Member
You must have at least one core team member working on the business full-time.
What Our Alumni is Saying
Dr. Sindhuja, ezGiGi
PISA Cohort 2
“The programme has really really helped us to hone in and focus on our business as well as to crystalise a lot of that grey areas that we were not too sure about before this.”
Moses Kanesan, MyDeliva
PISA Cohort 2
“When we joined the programme we were at ideation stage. This programme is where they guide us through from ideation how we can go to MVP. That is a big step for us and a great help from BEYOND4.”
Dr. Suthan, ePink Health
PISA Cohort 2
“It has helped us in a lot of ways especially mentoring because we have been looking for a mentor for a very long time, we have not previously gotten proper guidance. With this programme not only one mentor has guided us, multiple mentors have taken us this far.”
PISA Cohort 2
“I think the programme has helped us in many aspects because of its Ecosystem. I believe is has helped us to really strategize financially good sustainable revenue streams.”
Mohd Syahmi, Beruang.io
PISA Cohort 3
“Our overall experience is very good. The best aspect is our assigned lead mentor, which have been a tremendous help during our preparation for evaluations and demo day. Being able to have someone to steer our directions when we swayed is very helpful.”
Roshahliza, Smart AgroTech Solution
PISA Cohort 3
“The programmes modules and flow were beyond my expectation, and I learned so much on business fundamental and how I need to think of making my future business sustainable and profitable.”
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What happens during the PISA programme?
During the program, participants will receive mentorship, attend workshops and training sessions, refine your business models, and work on scaling your business. You will also have opportunities network with potential partners and investors, as well as gain the support to formalize your growth strategies from fundraising to social impact measurement.
2. Am I eligible to apply?
Our eligibility criteria is simple, if you fit the criteria and think you’re who we’re looking for then you’re eligible to apply. To be eligible to apply, you must:
- Have a registered entity in Malaysia or show plans to register within 3 months from enrolment.
- Able to organize a CSR program aligned with business focus, for Yayasan Pahang
- Be within the target verticals: FoodTech, AgriTech, Manufacturing 4.0, FinTech, EdTech, HealthTech, etc
- Have at least one core team member working on the business full-time.
Priority will be given to
- Applications from founders born in Pahang or with at least one parent born in Pahang, indicated by IC numbers 06, 32, and 33.
- Applicants with a Minimum Viable Product or some viable business activities at the point of application.
3. Is there a cost to join the PISA programme?
No, the programme is free
4. What is the application process?
- The application process is straight forward. To apply, fill in our application form. Follow the questions through, the more details you give the better your application will be.
- Once you’ve applied, we will sort through all the applications and select the ones that we want to move forwards with. As soon as we’ve done this, we will be in contact with you via phone call to let you know if you have been successful for an online interview. Be sure to check your junk mail in case our emails end up there.
- Following the interviews, we will send you an email confirming your onboarding for the programme.
5. Can I talk to someone about the program?
If your questions still haven’t been answered, please reach out to our Programme Coordinator, Amira Hasnul at firstname.lastname@example.org or Community Manager, Avienash Vilet at email@example.com