The Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (“the Act”) is an Act that is passed by the Malaysian Government to regulate the processing of personal data in a commercial transaction. This notice is issued pursuant to the provisions of the Act and serves to inform you of how your personal data is being processed and your rights under the Act.
The following statements explain the general terms of Beyond4 Malaysia regarding the collection and processing of your personal data by Beyond4 Malaysia. Beyond4 Malaysia is committed to the protection of your personal data and compliance of all applicable personal data protection laws and regulations in Malaysia.
2. Your Consent
By providing your personal data to Beyond4 Malaysia, you have read and accepted the statements herein; and you have consented to the processing of your personal data by Beyond4 Malaysia in the manner set out herein. If you provide personal data of third parties to Beyond4 Malaysia, you warrant and represent to Beyond4 Malaysia that you have obtained the required consent of the third parties for the processing of the relevant personal data by Beyond4 Malaysia in the manner set out herein.
3. Notice and Choice Principle Statement
3.1 Data Information
Beyond4 Malaysia may be required to collect personal data from you during the course of your dealings with Beyond4 Malaysia or for the purpose of Beyond4 Malaysia’s business activities. Such personal data may include name as per identity card, preferred name, identity/passport number, age, contact number, residential address, email address, birth date, gender, race, nationality, occupation, designation, bank account details, information of spouse/children such as name and birth date, information of your company such as name, registration number and address, information as to physical or mental health, political opinions, religious beliefs or other beliefs of a similar nature, the commission or alleged commission of an offence and such other data necessary for the purposes which the personal data is collected.
The personal data provided by you including any additional information you may subsequently provide to Beyond4 Malaysia may be processed by Beyond4 Malaysia for the following purposes:-
- to administer the business or contractual relationship between Beyond4 Malaysia and you and/or your company
- to communicate with you and/or your company;
- to administer customer relationship management procedures;
- to provide you with information about the activities, products, services and programmes that may be organized, managed, facilitated, provided,
sponsored and/or participated by Beyond4 Malaysia;
- to provide you with information about the products, services and programmes offered by selected third parties that may interest you;
- to facilitate payment in connection with the business or contractual dealings between
Beyond4 Malaysia and you and/or your company;
- to conduct research and/or prepare reports/statistics for purpose of Beyond4 Malaysia’s business
- to comply with any legal or regulatory requirements applicable to Beyond4 Malaysia, and to make disclosure under the requirements of any law, regulation, direction, court order, by-law, guideline, circular or code applicable to Beyond4 Malaysia;
- for recruitment of employees;
- for Beyond4 Malaysia’s internal record keeping; and/or other lawful business activities of Beyond4 Malaysia.
- for any other purpose that is incidental or ancillary or in furtherance to the above purposes.
3.3 Disclosure of your information
The personal data provided by you to Beyond4 Malaysia may, if required, be disclosed to the following classes of third parties:
i. Beyond4 Malaysia’s sub-contractors or third party service or product providers as may be determined by Beyond4 Malaysia to be necessary or appropriate;
ii. Financial institutions for purposes of facilitating payments and/or maintaining financial records in connection with the business or contract relationship between Beyond4 Malaysia and you
and/or your company;
iii. Government agencies and strategic partners that work with Beyond4 Malaysia in connection with
Beyond4 Malaysia’s business activities;
iv. Agents, contractors, auditors, consultants, accountants, insurers, lawyers or other financial or professional advisers of Beyond4 Malaysia;
v. Regulatory bodies, government bodies or other authorities if required or authorized to do so to discharge any regulatory function under any law or in relation to any order or
judgment of a court;
vi. Any person to whom Beyond4 Malaysia is compelled or required to do so under the law; and/or our shareholders
viii. Any person who is under a duty of confidentiality who has undertaken to keep such data confidential.
Your personal data maybe collected from various sources, including information you have provided us, information from third parties and information in the public domain.
3.4 Failure to provide information
Please note that your personal data is necessary for Beyond4 Malaysia to carry out the aforesaid purposes. The failure to supply such personal data will or may:
- Result in Beyond4 Malaysia being unable to administer the business or contractual relationship between Beyond4 Malaysia and you and/or your company;
- Result in Beyond4 Malaysia being unable to provide you with information about the activities, products, services and programmes organized, managed, facilitated, provided, sponsored and/or participated by Beyond4 Malaysia; and/or
- Result in Beyond4 Malaysia being unable to provide you with information about the products, services and programmes offered by selected third parties which may interest you.
3.5 Access, corrections and complaints
You have a right to make any enquiries or complaints or request access or correction of your personal data. You may have the right to withdraw, in full or in part, your consent given to us previously, in respect of the processing of your personal data subject to relevant laws, regulations, contracts and reasonable time period. If you would like to make any of such requests, kindly submit your request in writing to Beyond4 Malaysia at the postal/email address specified in paragraph 6 below.
4. Security of Your Personal Data
Beyond4 Malaysia has implemented security policies and technical measures to protect your personal data in accordance with such requirements of the applicable personal data protection laws and regulations. If processing of the personal data is carried out by a third party on behalf of Beyond4 Malaysia, Beyond4 Malaysia will require the said third party to protect the personal data that they receive from Beyond4 Malaysia.
5. Changes To This Statement
This statement may be revised and updated from time to time. Beyond4 Malaysia recommends that you visit this webpage to review the most updated version of this statement each time you provide your personal data to Beyond4 Malaysia.
6. Contact Us
If you have any questions about this statement, you may contact Beyond4 Malaysia as below.