Hong Leong Foundation
Accelerator Programme (SeAP)
Designed for innovative changemakers dedicated to creating lasting impact
A 3-month power packed accelerator programme exclusively designed for businesses wanting to carry their impactful business ideas to the next stage. Gain practical tools, access to networks and resources to validate your idea, understand your customer, and formalize your growth strategies from fundraising to social impact measurement.
25 October 2023
21 November 2023
30 November 2023
This Social Impact Programme is sponsored by Hong Leong Foundation in partnership with BEYOND4
Access to BEYOND4 Learning Academy
Advice & Mentorship
Advice from industry experts and mentors
Access to BEYOND4’s & Hong Leong’s vast network to accelerate expansion
Adopting new technologies into your current products or services
Sales & Partnerships
Leverage on BEYOND4’s & Hong Leong’s Network and connect to potential partners for collaboration
Post-programme Ecosystem Support
Ecosystem support and specially curated shared services by BEYOND4
Winners will be eligible for potential additional funding from the Hong Leong Foundation. *T&C Applies
Access to Hong Leong's state-of-the-art community hub, Jumpstart@65 with facilities such as event spaces, co-working spaces, usability labs and more *T&C Applies
Tap into BEYOND4’s Ecosystem as well as Hong Leong Bank & Hong Leong Group of companies and industries: manufacturing, property, hospitality, investments, etc
Who should apply for SeAP?
Open to social enterprises and social impacts SMEs & Startups
Startups or SMEs that are registered as Social Enterprise in Malaysia or show plans to register within 3 months from enrolment
Minimum Viable Product
Startups or SMEs who have a MVP or some viable activities at the point of application
Commit At Least 40 Hours
Startups or SMEs who are able or send representative to commit at least 40 hours in the program. Most activities are available online too
Align with United Nations Sustainable Development Goals
Startups/ SMEs/ Social Enterprise with a business project which aligns with UN Sustaibale Development Goals. This could include addressing issues such as poverty, education, healthcare, environment, equality, and more
Startups or SMEs who leverage on innovative technologies, whether it's AI, blockchain, renewable energy solutions, IoT devices, or any other technology that can contribute to solving B40 social challenges
Activities will be in hybrid format (most activities will be available online), catering to participants nationwide. Some activities are compulsory. Check out the tentative timeline for the program.
What Our Alumni is Saying
MYStartup Cohort 1
“Sayur Kita expected to fix the pieces and puzzles in putting the business model together as a whole and we achieved what we wanted to learn from the programme”
MYStartup Cohort 2
“Very pleasant and comfortable experience along the journey. I find the networking session and access to mentorship session most useful, in fact we are working with some mentors and judges during the program. Fantastic!”
Dr. Sindhuja, ezGiGi
PISA Cohort 2
“The programme has really really helped us to hone in and focus on our business as well as to crystalise a lot of that grey areas that we were not too sure about before this.”
Moses Kanesan, MyDeliva
PISA Cohort 2
“When we joined the programme we were at ideation stage. This programme is where they guide us through from ideation how we can go to MVP. That is a big step for us and a great help from BEYOND4.”
Mohd Syahmi, Beruang.io
PISA Cohort 3
“Our overall experience is very good. The best aspect is our assigned lead mentor, which have been a tremendous help during our preparation for evaluations and demo day. Being able to have someone to steer our directions when we swayed is very helpful.”
Roshahliza, Smart AgroTech Solution
PISA Cohort 3
“The programmes modules and flow were beyond my expectation, and I learned so much on business fundamental and how I need to think of making my future business sustainable and profitable.”
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What happens during the SeAP program?
During the program, participants will receive mentorship, attend workshops and training sessions, refine your business models, and work on scaling your business. You will also have opportunities to network with potential partners and investors, as well as gain the support to formalize your growth strategies from fundraising to social impact measurement. Tap into the BEYOND4’s ecosystem for post programme support and fundraising
2. Am I eligible to apply?
Our eligibility criteria is simple, if you fit the criteria and think you’re who we’re looking for then you’re eligible to apply. To be eligible to apply, you must be:
- Social Enterprise (Social Impact SMEs and Startups).
- Social Enterprise who leverage on innovative technologies.
- Able to Commit At Least 40 Hours.
- Social Enterprise with a MVP or some viable activities at the point of application.
- Social Enterprise with a business project which aligns with B40 social impact goals and mission.
- Social Enterprise that is registered as Social Enterprise in Malaysia or show plans to register within 3 months from enrolment.
3. Is there a cost to join the SeAP programme?
- No, the programme is sponsored by Hong Leong Foundation in partnership with BEYOND4.
4. What is the application process?
- The application process is straight forward. To apply, fill in our application form. Follow the questions through, the more details you give the better your application will be.
- Once you’ve applied, we will sort through all the applications and select the ones that we want to move forwards with. As soon as we’ve done this, we will be in contact with you via phone call to let you know if you have been selected for an online interview.
- Following the interviews, we will send you an email confirming your selection for the programme. Be sure to check your junk mail in case our emails end up there.
5. Can I talk to someone about the program?
If your questions still haven’t been answered, please reach out to our Programme Coordinator, Amira Hasnul at firstname.lastname@example.org or Community Manager, Avienash Villet at email@example.com